Welcome to Wagestream’s Privacy Notice
What does this Privacy Notice Cover?
Effective as of December 5, 2023
If you reside in Europe, please see our UK/EEA-specific Privacy Notice located here.
I. How Do We Collect Personal Information?
- From you. We may collect personal information and other information that you provide when you communicate with us, register for our Services, select marketing preferences, register for promotions, or otherwise use our Services.
- From our Clients. We may collect personal information and other information our Clients provide to us about you.
- From devices you use when you interact with us online. This includes information collected through our Services and automatically from devices you use to connect to our Services. For more information about this, please see our “Cookies and similar technologies” section below.
- From third parties and publicly available sources. This includes personal information we collect from public sources including, but not limited to websites that enable social sharing, social media sites, and from our service providers, vendors, our affiliates, or other individuals and businesses.
II. The Types of Personal Information We May Collect From You
Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following information:
- Contact Information such as your name, home address, work address, email address, telephone number, or other similar identifiers.
- Biographic and Demographic Information such as date of birth, Social Security Number.
- Financial and Payment Information such as debit card details, earnings and timecard information, gross and net pay, bank account number, payment preferences.
- Account Information such as a username and password for our Services, profile details you choose to provide, and feedback and reviews you may leave our Services.
- Internet Usage Information such as geolocation, IP address, interactions with our marketing materials, and any other Internet usage information our Services may automatically record when you visit.
- Device information such as browser or device model and settings, operating system, and unique identifiers.
- Other Personal Information you provide during your communications with us, including interactions with us online, in-person, or on the phone.
- Professional Information such as employer and employment status, and any other information that may be obtained from background checks, and feedback.
III. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your information for the following reasons, depending on your relationship with us:
- To communicate with you, such as when we respond to your inquiries and send you communications, such as those regarding our products and services.
- To provide, market, and develop our products and services, including to provide our Services, maintain our websites, troubleshoot, provide customer and technical support, and conduct data analysis, test and research, and better understand the interests of our users who use our services and products.
- To facilitate wage payments and enable users to voluntarily access their third-party products such as any savings accounts you wish to link to our Services.
- To understand how you interact with our Services and personalize the product experience and content (including advertising and messaging campaigns).
- To maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, for example by authenticating users and providing account security and fraud detection. We may also use your information to monitor, detect, and prevent fraud and improper or illegal activity.
- To send you news and/or marketing communications (by email, phone, or text) subject to your marketing preferences and choices, including information about us or third-party offerings we think may be of interest to you.
- To market and advertise, including through direct marketing and interest-based advertising.
- To conduct market research and develop quality assurance, including to study, develop, and improve our products and services. We may also aggregate, anonymize, and/or de-identify personal information we collect and use it for any business purpose, including product development and improvement activities.
- To comply with legal requirements and/or to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of the Services. This would include the use of your information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to defend ourselves in litigation and investigations, and to prosecute litigations.
- To enforce the terms and conditions that govern our Services.
- To conduct internal business purposes, including for data analysis, audits, and enhancing our services. We may also use inferences drawn from personal information to create a profile reflecting your preferences so we can tailor our Services to you.
We may also use your information with your consent, and will specifically ask in these instances for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
IV. How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose information collected from or about you with any of the following entities and for any of the following purposes:
- Clients. We may provide personal information to relevant Clients from which we obtained the information, and with parties the Client directs us to disclose this information.
- Service Providers and Advertising Partners. We may provide personal information to vendors, payment processors, contractors, banking partners, search engine providers, business and service partners, or other third parties, such as advertising partners who provide services to us including analysis firms, advertisers, and others.
- Government, regulatory, or law enforcement agencies. We reserve the right to disclose your information to respond to valid information requests from government authorities and judicial requests, to investigate potential fraud, or where otherwise required by law. We may disclose your personal information where we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with regulatory or legal requirements or to protect the safety, rights, or property of ourselves and others and to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or business transfer. If we sell all or a part of our company, are part of a merger, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company stock, and/or sale of assets or other corporate change, your information may be transferred.
- At your direction. We may disclose your personal information at your direction or with your consent.
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners with whom we jointly develop or promote our services, including sponsorships and co-branded opportunities and promotions.
- Aggregate Data. We may share your personal information in an aggregated or non-identifying form or otherwise in a form that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
V. Children's Privacy
You must be 14 years or older to use our Services. Our Services are for a general audience, are not targeted to children, and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14 years of age.
VI. Links to Third Party Websites
We may provide links to websites and other third-party content (e.g., social media platforms) that are not owned or operated by us. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites.
VII. Advertising and Opt-Out Disclosures
When you use our Services, our third-party advertising partners, social media providers and analytics providers may collect personal information about your online activity on our Services and on third party websites.
These providers may set web tracking tools (e.g., cookies and web beacons, as discussed further below) to collect information regarding your online activity. In addition, our advertising partners may use this information to deliver advertisements to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices with respect to it, please either visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page (currently available at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page (currently available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/).
Please note that you may continue to receive generic ads that are not based on your preferences.
VIII. Information Security
We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures designed to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification. However, the confidentiality of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the internet. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your information; therefore, when submitting personal information to us, you do so at your own risk.
IX. Cookies and Similar Technology
We and our partners use various tools to collect data when you visit our sites and apps, including cookies, pixels, local Storage, and other similar technologies. Some of these technologies store data in the browser or on your device. Other technologies may use network-related or other information to recognize your device (e.g., IP address). Our Services use these technologies, for example, when you first request a web page and data is then stored on your computer or other device so the website or mobile application can access personal information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that Service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information about your usage of the Services, such as pages you have visited, other content you viewed, and search history.
We and our partners may use also use these technologies to gather personal information about how you view and use our Services and content, and to connect your activity with other data we store about you. We and our partners may collect your personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Services. The use of these technologies helps us serve you better by understanding what you're interested in, tracking trends, measuring the effectiveness of ads, saving your preferences, and storing information you may want to retrieve on a regular basis. We also allow specific, approved partners to collect data from your browser or device for advertising and measurement purposes using their own similar tools.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control these technologies, such as whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting these technologies such as cookies. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org. Also, certain versions of the Android operating system allow you to “Opt-out of Ads Personalization” in the system settings. Options you select are browser and device specific.
Some browsers permit the user to send a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) preference to websites that the user visits indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked over time and across websites. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret DNT or a common definition of “tracking,” we do not currently respond to the DNT signal on our websites. We do, however, respond to global privacy preferences when required by law.
X. Your Marketing Preferences
We may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to our Services. If you no longer wish to receive promotional marketing materials from us, you may opt-out of receiving such materials. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from us by following the instructions included in the email. You may unsubscribe from text messages you previously consented to by following the prompt provided on our messages. We will work to comply with your request promptly.
There are certain service notification and other non-promotional emails that you may not opt-out of, such as notifications of changes to the Services or policies.
XI. California Shine the Light Disclosure
Under California’s Shine the Light law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83), California residents may ask companies with whom they have formed a business relationship primarily for personal, family or household purposes to provide the names of third parties to which they have disclosed certain personal information (as defined under the Shine the Light law) during the preceding calendar year for their own direct marketing purposes and the categories of personal information disclosed. You may send us requests for this information to email@example.com. In your request, you must include the statement “Shine the Light Request," and provide your first and last name and mailing address and certify that you are a California resident. We reserve the right to require additional information to confirm your identity and California residency. Please note that we will not accept requests via telephone, mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
How to contact us
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 1201 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 25-135, Arlington, VA 22209