What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies”. Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Platform.
We use two broad categories of cookies:
- first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device; and
- third party cookies, which are served by our partners or service providers on our Platform.
Cookies we use
Our Platform uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to provide core functionality. The Platform won’t function properly without these cookies and they are enabled by default and cannot be disabled.
- Preference Cookies: These cookies enable the Platform to remember information to customize how the Platform looks or behaves for each user. This may include storing selected currency, region, language or colour theme.. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Platform.
- Analytical Cookies: These cookies help us improve our Platform by collecting and reporting information on its usage. The information gathered via these cookies does not “directly” identify any individual visitor. However, it may render such visitors “indirectly identifiable”. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access our Platform. The information collected is aggregated and anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Platform, the websites that referred them to our Platform, the pages they visited on our Platform, what time of day they visited our Platform, whether they have visited our Platform before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Platform more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Platform. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Platform works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies . You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: https://policies.google.com/privacy .
- Marketing Cookies: These cookies enable us to track visitors across websites to allow publishers to display relevant and engaging advertisements.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings”, “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Platform. For example, we may not be able to recognise your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Platform.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
You can also prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Platform by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
Third party cookies
We use third-party analytics services to help understand your usage of our services.
This cookie notice is version Cookie Notice: 2021_1 and was last updated on 07 December 2021. We will post any changes to this Cookie Notice on this page.